Healthy eating tips include more than just avoiding “bad” foods.
Did you know that some medical and scientific studies have shown that adding certain foods to your diet may help to prevent or ease certain medical conditions?
Of course, this isn’t a prescription to start treating your illnesses and medical conditions with food.
But you may want to discuss with your doctor if he or she thinks that eating certain foods may help you (or at least, not hurt you).
Be especially careful if you take any medications because some foods can cause adverse effects.
But with those warnings in mind, let’s test your “Food I.Q.”
1. Which food(s) may help with emphysema and chronic bronchitis?
b. Tabasco sauce
c. Chile peppers
2. Which food(s) may help to reduce “bad” LDL cholesterol?
a. Baked beans
b. Oat bran
3. Which foods(s) may help to relieve constipation?
a. Prune juice
c. Wheat bran
4. Which food(s) may help to control gout?
c. Organ meats
5. Which food(s) may be effective in treating diarrhea?
a. Baked beans
6. Which food(s) may help to prevent (though not necessarily treat) ulcers?
b. Fresh cabbage juice
7. Which food(s) may help to reduce high blood pressure?
a. Milk chocolate
b. Dark chocolate
c. White chocolate
8. Which food(s) may help to prevent (though not necessarily treat) urinary tract and bladder infections?
b. Cranberry juice
9. Which food(s) may help to prevent cavities?
d. Oat bran
10. Which food(s) may help to prevent blood clots by thinning the blood?
a. Olive oil
The answers appear below the disclaimer.
Important Disclaimer: This information is presented for educational purposes only. This isn’t medical advice and it’s not a substitute for any advice or treatment from your physician. You should always see your doctor before starting any new diet plan for losing weight or if you have a medical condition or illness. Also, these results were based on medical or scientific studies which may be invalidated at a later time by new medical or scientific studies.
1. a, b, c. 2. a, b, c. 3. a, b, c. 4. b. 5. c. 6. a, b. 7. b. 8. b.
9. a, b, c. 10. a, b, c.